Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Grand Finale

As of today, I have officially been unemployed or "retired" for almost two weeks. That being said, I thought I would take some time and reminisce about some of the trips I was able to through work.

I'll start with the most recent trip (aka The Grand Finale)... Paris!

I went to Madrid for work, but a few of my co-workers and I decided  it would be a good idea to stop in Paris on our way home for a long weekend. We made a wise choice!



After catching an EXTREMELY early flight from Madrid, we arrived in Paris. All we could think about was getting to our hotel and taking a nap. Unfortunately... this was not possible. When we arrived at our hotel, we were told our room was under construction, so we would need to stay down the road.

Let me preface by saying Abby, Stephanie and I had decided to get a room with a double bed and a couch to share instead of getting two rooms - to save a few bucks.  This would have worked out perfectly if we were in the original hotel, but... our new Hotel Paris Paix was TINY - big enough to fit a double bed and that was IT.

Objects in picture are smaller than they appear
After one night of cramming three girls in to a double bed, we decided to research other options. We ended up renting a spacious apartment near the Eiffel Tower from www.airbnb.com. It was perfect!

After we dropped our bags off at the hotel, we decided to grab a cappuchino and croissant. We couldn't have picked a better/cuter/more Parisian place if we tried. It definitely got the trip started off on the right foot!



Our first day we did some sightseeing and shopping and ended the day with dinner in the park overlooking the Eiffel Tower.





We did more sightseeing on day two, but the HIGHLIGHT of my day was going to RALPH'S. It is the CUTEST little cafe owned by Ralph Lauren. So, of course, we had to stop in for a glass of wine!



Love Lock Bridge


Notre Dame

Drinking St. Germain in St. Germain!

On our third and final day in Paris, we had breakfast on Rue Cler, drank wine in The Tuileries, had the world's best hot chocolate & macaroons from Angelina's and capped off the trip with another dinner at The Eiffel Tower.

 I LOVED the little cafe where we ate on Rue Cler. They had chalkboard menus, rustic tables/chairs and had fuzzy blankets in case we got cold!

Rue Cler Flowers

Rue Cler Fruit Stand

Macaroons at Angelina's



"I left my heart in Paris"

No comments: